Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mission Accomplished

My delicioso food for the day consisted off:

Breakfast: organic coffee, so delicious creamer, 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
32 ounces of water
8 ounces almond milk with 1 scoop of rockin wellness
 tasty banana snack
lunch was a veg burger on a single piece of wheat bread with organic ketchup, mustard, red onion, mushroom, spinach, tomato and a slice of vegetable cheese. Oh yeah, and more water!

Afternoon snack of cob corn with lemon pepper and vegan butter

 After gym dinner: tofu cubes, 2 eggs (last eggs from the local farm that needed to be used for me to do this vegan thing), spinach, mushroom, red onion and salsa
 last of the corn with lemon pepper and vegan butter
 55 calorie fruit tube


My kickass workout of the day:
1 hour spin class and 1 hour of strength class. Whew, talk about sweaty! I was immediately sore in the strength class. I upped my weights to 8s and 10s.....yikes bikes. Lots of arms, triceps, shoulders, legs and core. If I'm not sore tomorrow I'll be REALLY surprised!

NSV for the day:
I said NO to pizza despite my dad asking me to pick it up at 7:30pm after working out and not eating dinner. It smelled good and I was hungry but I resisted!

I met a very nice older black gentleman at the gym this evening. His name is Joe. He runs and he is 67! Amazing.

I drank around 96 ounces of water today.

I'm not going to lie, I did not want to go to the gym (which is really unusual for me) and the food is a struggle. My parents food is still here because their power is out so I resisted the urge to use their cheese. I'll admit that I did have a teaspoon of mayonnaise on my corn. Overall, a very successful day. Baby steps! I didn't go crazy, didn't cave and have the pizza or the cheese......yay me!

Tomorrow I plan on going to my favorite gym to run on the treadmill and to swim. I'm DREADING swimming. My sprint triathlon is in September so I need to get on that. My dad has decided he will go in half with me to buy a $300 road bike for my birthday..so that is very exciting! I may need some encouragement to hit the swim lane tomorrow.

Fear of the week: my first personal training session at PFN Bootcamp in the Cobra Kai Gym. I'm so nervous. I went to school with the personal trainer and he's BUFF. This is followed closely by my scheduled single swim for the week...wearing a bathing suit and swimming in front of everyone that is in the sauna and sweat room. I do plan on hitting the sweat room after my swim though. I'm going to change things up...run then swim then sauna. I'll start block training next month.

Oh! Fun share of the day, loving the triathlon book that I'm reading. It is called Triathlon for Every Woman by Meredith Atwood. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to venture into the world of triathlons. She is a plus sized athlete....super funny and encouraging.

Things that I need to think about:
I will need to take some swimming lessons- need to get these priced (3-6 lessons for triathletes)
I am considering joining the U.S. Masters Swim Team by the gym.
I need to find a cycling/triathlon coach.
I'm still on the hunt for some minimalist shoes (I'll write a blog on this soon!).

And with that I say-

1 comment:

  1. I'm still sooooo proud of you for saying NO to the pizza girl! That is SO huge for you!!! You had a successful day, I love all the pictures. I love your plans, goals, and journaling your fears. It's part of t he journey, and you will work through them!! YOU CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete